Home Security Systems | 5 Best Locations for Wireless Security Cameras
The technological capabilities of home automation and home security are at an all time high. Are you interested in increasing the surveillance around your home? Park Place Installations offers the best home security systems and home automation systems available, anywhere in Western New York. Combining wireless security cameras with a home automation package allows you to keep an eye on your home, and ensure the safety of your family and belongings.
So you know you want to get moving on a new home surveillance camera system, but you don’t know where to start. You know you want security cameras on your home, but you’re don’t need Tony Montana’s level of surveillance either. So how many cameras do you need? Where should they go? Park Place Installations has your back mang.
Our best advice would be to start with 3-5 cameras, depending on how big your house is, and the layout. The goal, place cameras on the first level of your home, where intruders are most likely to attempt to enter. You can have the best camera and automation system on the market, but if it isn’t in the right spot you’re wasting your money.
Here are the best locations to place wireless security cameras.
- Front Door– No brainer here. It has been known amongst the home security industry that the majority of home break ins occur through the front door. Your camera should provide you with a full view from either the ceiling or opposite wall of both the doorway, and porch or entryway.
- Back Door– Burglars are not extremely creative. The next most popular entry point for an intruder is the back door, which usually has direct access to an important room. Your family room, stairs, basement, or kitchen could have direct access from the back, so remember to stick a camera somewhere on the ceiling that gives a full clear view of the back door.
- Side & Back Windows– It doesn’t look normal for someone to enter a home through a window. Typically a burglar will enter through an open window if it isn’t visible from the street. You’ll want to have your cameras monitor the windows that are along the sides of your home, or in the back, that might have access to your expensive belongings.
- Basement Access– If your home has a basement door entryway, this is a good place to put a camera. If you have windows that could be broken into easily, or a door that may be obscured from view, mount a camera in the basement that provides a broad sweep of the room’s entryways.
- Back Yard– An external camera mounted to give you a view of your private back yard is a good idea. You can mount from your roof or from a porch roof, hidden and out of reach. This enables you to see intruders from further away, and allows you to keep an eye on kids when they are playing in the back yard remotely, using home automation.
Hopefully this gives insight into where the best places to mount surveillance systems around your home. When you are ready to take the next steps in installing a home security system for your Buffalo NY home, remember that the team at Park Place Installations are here. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions, or want to hear what we can do for you and your home!